145th International Convention
I can attend only some sessions. Do I need to register separately?
One registration is enough. You receive a Zoom link for each day’s sessions and can choose which you join.
I can’t attend the live webinar. Can I get a recording?
- Those who have registered will receive a link to the recording within two business days after the recording date.
- Later the recorded sessions will be shared in YouTube at the 'Theosophical Society Adyar'–channel
I didn't get the webinar link. What should I do?
- The webinar link has been supplied in your welcome letter by email from MailChimp, days before the Convention..
- Check your spam and junk folders. If you have gmail check your Updates and Social folders.
- Add our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, to your address book.
- If none of the above suggestions are working, please email at email@example.com and the webinar link will be resent. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. If you don’t receive a response within 12 hours, please contact us again.
- Hosts are very busy right before and right after the start time, so if you anticipate issues, please plan to enter the meeting 30 minutes before the start time
You provide program start times in Coordinator's city time. How can I determine the start time for my time zone?
- This time zone converter may be helpful to you.
I am new to Zoom. How do I use the Zoom software?
- Watch our four-minute video, Joining and Participating in a Zoom Meeting. . (this is by TSA, how will we get for TS Adyar)
- Read our two-page document, “Joining and Participating in a Zoom Meeting. AMEND TSA’s.
- Learn about getting started with Zoom.
- Please sign in early in case you would like some assistance.
What should I do after I enter a webinar?
- Open the Chat panel and the Participants panel by clicking the appropriate icons at the bottom of the screen. These two panels are important for communication throughout the meeting.
- Test your microphone and speaker by clicking the up arrow next to the Unmute/Mute microphone icon.
- Turn on your webcam by clicking the Start Video icon. To turn off your webcam, just click again, Stop Video.
- Keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking. This prevents echoes and background noises for everyone in the meeting.
- Arrange the meeting layout to suit your taste; options change when the presenter starts or stops sharing content. Explore options such as Active Speaker view, Gallery view, Sideby‐Side Mode, Pin Video, and Exit/Enter Full Screen.
Where can I learn even more about Zoom?
- Check the Zoom Help Centre for short training videos and excellent documentation.
My internet connection is not very good. What should I do?
- If possible, ask others in your household to limit their use of high-demand applications such as streaming and uploading during your webinar time. Households generally share internet capacity.
- If you have a VPN running in the background, turn it off.
- Avoid using two monitors.
- Video requires more capacity than audio. Try turning off your webcam.
- Try restarting your computer, then avoid opening unnecessary applications.
- Try joining the webinar by phone.
- Keep your software and drivers updated.
- If things just aren’t working, please remember that most of our programs are recorded, and will be uploaded to YouTube.
How do I install the Zoom software on my computer?
Can I use my mobile device?
- Yes! Before joining a Zoom webinar on a mobile device, please download the Zoom app from the Zoom Download Center.
- Sometimes you will have a better experience on a PC, especially if lots of content is shared or you will interact frequently.
- Learn more about the Zoom mobile app by clicking here for iOS and here for Android.
- To get the best audio experience with mobile devices, we suggest using headphones or earbuds with a built-in microphone.
I’m having a technical problem I can’t resolve. What should I do?
- Please check the FAQ and other links in your welcome letter.
- If you have entered the meeting successfully, please use the Chat panel to send a private message to the host.
- If you’re unable to enter the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosts are very busy right before and right after the start time. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. If you don’t receive a response within 12 hours, please contact us again.
Are webcams required? If I don’t have a webcam, what should I do?
- Webcams are not required but are highly recommended. Seeing nods, smiles, and quizzical looks is very helpful to our presenters. Seeing each other via webcam also creates a sense of community.
- However, if using a webcam isn’t possible or comfortable for you, it is not required.