TS Adyar International
I can attend only some sessions. Do I need to register separately?
- One registration is enough. You receive a Zoom link to the entire Convention when we are close to the starting date.
I can’t attend the live webinar. Can I get a recording?
- Those who have registered will receive a link to the recordings.
- The recorded sessions will be shared in YouTube at the 'Theosophical Society Adyar'–channel
- The webinar link is being supplied in your welcome letter by email from MailChimp.
- If you have gmail check your Promotions, Updates and Social folders.
- Or check your spam and junk folders.
- Add our email address, email@example.com, to your address book.
- If none of the above suggestions are working, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org and the webinar link will be resent. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. During the Convention, if you don’t receive a response within 15 minutes, please contact Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Hosts are very busy right before and right after the start time, so if you anticipate issues, please plan to enter the meeting 30 minutes before the start time
You provide program start times in Coordinator's city time. How can I determine the start time for my time zone?
I am new to Zoom. How do I use the Zoom software?
- The web browser client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting, just wait some time after clicking the link. It is also available for manual download here.
- You may watch the Zoom tutorial of 1,5 min on Joining the Meeting.
- Learn about getting started with Zoom.
- Please sign in early in case you would like some assistance.
What should I do after I enter a webinar?
- Open the Chat or Q&A panel and the Participants panel by clicking the appropriate icons at the bottom of the screen. These panels are important for communication throughout the meeting.
- Test your microphone and speaker by clicking the up arrow next to the Unmute/Mute microphone icon.
- If you are joining a meeting, not webinar, turn on your webcam by clicking the Start Video icon. To turn off your webcam, just click again, Stop Video.
- If you are joining a meeting, not webinar, keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking. This prevents echoes and background noises for everyone in the meeting.
- If you are joining a meeting, not webinar, Arrange the meeting layout to suit your taste; options change when the presenter starts or stops sharing content. Explore options such as Active Speaker view, Gallery view, Sideby‐Side Mode, Pin Video, and Exit/Enter Full Screen.
How do I know my equipment will work while I’m attending a Zoom Meeting?
Where can I learn even more about Zoom?
- Check the Zoom Help Centre for short training videos and excellent documentation.
My internet connection is not very good. What should I do?
- If possible, ask others in your household to limit their use of high-demand applications such as streaming and uploading during your webinar time. Households generally share internet capacity.
- If you have a VPN running in the background, turn it off.
- Avoid using two monitors.
- Video requires more capacity than audio. Try turning off your webcam.
- Try restarting your computer, then avoid opening unnecessary applications.
- Try joining the webinar by phone.
- Keep your software and drivers updated.
- If things just aren’t working, please remember that most of our programs are recorded, and will be uploaded to YouTube.
How do I install the Zoom software on my computer?
- Download the Zoom software to your computer or mobile device.
Can I use my mobile device?
- Yes! Before joining a Zoom webinar on a mobile device, please download the Zoom app from the Zoom Download Center.
- Sometimes you will have a better experience on a PC, especially if lots of content is shared or you will interact frequently.
- Learn more about the Zoom mobile app by clicking here for iOS and here for Android.
- To get the best audio experience with mobile devices, we suggest using headphones or earbuds with a built-in microphone.
I’m having a technical problem I can’t resolve. What should I do?
- Please check the FAQ and other links in your welcome letter.
- If you have entered the meeting successfully, please use the Chat panel to send a private message to the host.
- If you’re unable to enter the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosts are very busy right before and right after the start time. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. If you don’t receive a response within 15 minutes, please contact , please contact our Help Desk at email@example.com.
Are webcams required? If I don’t have a webcam, what should I do?
- Webcams are not required but are highly recommended. Seeing nods, smiles, and quizzical looks is very helpful to our presenters. Seeing each other via webcam also creates a sense of community. Note however that in webinar the viewers-only are not seen.
- However, if using a webcam isn’t possible or comfortable for you, it is not required.